Arai Astro-IQ Flat Black Helmet
Click Image for Gallery
Loaded with below features:
- The new QV-PRO is nothing less than an ultimate sports-touring helmet.
- It features the advanced VAS technology of the also new RX-7V and even shares the same outer shell, but with different ventilation.
- This rounder, smoother and stronger shell with an intermediate oval fit offers the important ‘’glancing off’’ properties needed for superior helmet performance at real world impacts.
- The QV-PRO features as the second model in line, the VAS (Variable Axis System) visor pivot system that offers a larger smoother and stronger outer shell area.
- From the very early start, the QV-PRO has been designed as the ultimate all-round helmet with the advanced technology of the RX-7V, but also answering to the demands of the very large segment of sports-touring riders.
- The QV-PRO comes standard with the PSS visor, the all-weather solution against fogging, misting and sun-glare.
- Super Fiber and other special synthetic fibers, with superb tensil strength and flexability characteristics, developed for F-1 helmet visor panel, assembled and bonded by Arai experts.
- Such as the steel belts used to hold a barrel together, with a variety of carefully stacked and molded materials.
- Newly developed resin creates stronger bonds between shell materials with less weight.
- Optimized ventilation
- The high-performance ventilation system of the QV-PRO was developed to offer all day long comfort to the rider.
- Large ducts and vents feature massive inlet and exhaust openings, while the large switches can be easily operated, even with thick gloves.
- It is this advanced ventilation system that makes the QV-PRO perfect for those long rides in every weather.
- The fully removable interior liner system has been improved with new Eco Pure material, which helps maintain neutral acidity levels close to human skin and antibacterial consumption.
- With the aim of a softer, deeper and even more comfortable fit we developed a new softer liner frame material.
- The new liner also has adjustable temple padding that allows for a customized fit.
- Arai answer to the problem of sun glare and visor fogging.
- The VAS-V MV PSS offers an efficient combination of an easy to flip up, lockable sun peak, the VAS-V Max Vision visor and the efficient Pinlock inlay lens.
- PSS offers protection against sun glare, without effecting the integrity and strength of the helmet shell which could be caused by build-in sun visors.
- Build in communication systems are popular, but the problem is often that the room for a speaker is limited or just not present, causing unpleasant pressure points.
- The QV-PRO is equipped with special speaker pockets, offering room for mounting speakers without effecting comfort or fit. (Speaker not included).
- Attached to the bottom of the helmet, the new chin curtain helps to further accentuate the Egg-shape form.
- The curtain simulaniously blocks air intrusion from turbulent air below and increases negative pressure to enhance the exhaust function of FFS by drawing more air from the mouth area.
- 5mm thick removable foam layer on the ear cups/cheek pads and temple pads.
- Offering more room if desired without the need to purchase an optional headliner or new pads/ear cups.
- FCS Cheekpad with ear pocket recess for speakers and 5mm peel away layer for added room if needed.
- Larger space in mouth area for a more open feeling.
- Smaller NE nozzle without reduced exhaust efficiency.
- New emergency release tab positioned at the end of the release strap for easier access by rescue staff.
- Improved comfort performance with better fiting while being easier to put on and off.
- Each Arai helmet goes through five separate quality-control departments: after the shell is made, after painting and graphic completion, after assembly and two in-process inspections.
- The premium quality interior of any Arai helmet can be easily cleaned, in place, with mild soap and lukewarm water.
- It can take up to five years for our experts to earn the right to create an Arai shell.
- Each shell can take up to 27 steps and to build one Arai helmet will take about 18 man-hours.
- All-day comfort with the Arai interior fit and shape together withthe finest liner materials and the extensive ventilation system.
- And thanks to the perfect balance and weight distribution of the helmet, you hardly notice you are wearing an Arai.
- All Arai helmets are penetration tested, (except Freeway-2, Penta, Astro-Light and VX-Pro Jr) although not required by European helmet standards.
- The Arai penetration test is performed with a 3kg test cone that strikes from a height of 3m on the helmet.
- The flat and D-shaped rings fit smooth against the chin.
- No moving parts, no corrosion problems and just pulling the tab is enough to loosen the fastener.
- The outer shell of Arai helmets is designed to glide without unnecessary resistance.
- You don’t want to decelerate your helmet more than necessary.
- That’s why all Arai vents and ducts are designed to break off during an impact.
- Arai uses a stronger outer shell to spread impact forces and a softer inner shell to absorb remaining energy.
- The multiple-density EPS inner shell is made using a unique technology of combining three to five densities in various areas as a single component.
- The organic shape of an Arai outer shell offers a more natural appearance, seals better and conforms more to the head’s natural shape for improved comfort, fit and to help minimize wind turbulence.
- All Arai helmets are warranted against defects in materials and workmanship, and are serviceable only for the properly fitted first user for 5 years from date of first use, but no more than 7 years from date of manufacture.
- Unlike many other manufacturers Arai provides one size outer shell for each two-helmet sizes for most models.
- Together with different shaped outer shells for different models it is almost impossible not to find the fit you are looking for.
- This Arai helmet is designed to meet the stringent Arai In-house standard requirements, in addition to mandatory standards such as ECE 22-05.
|Order Type :||Order From Cross Border|
|Dispatch Time :||20-22 Business Days*|
|Helmet Type||Full Face|